[ About the Hingham Downtown Association]
The Hingham Downtown Business Association (HDA) is comprised of over 60 members that are dedicated to making our downtown community a better place to do business, to work, to live and to visit. This self-governing group of active business owners unites businesses, property owners, civic groups and neighbors and works together to create a vibrant downtown and promotes a strong sense of community through year round special events and promotions.
The HDA connects businesses to one another, to their customers, to the community, and to the Town through:
- Monthly networking meetings and business workshops. Our members meet monthly on the first Friday of each month at 8:00 AM.
- The HDA website is a marketing tool that will be updated regularly promoting downtown events and promotions.
- HDA sponsored events like the Taste of Hingham, Summer Sidewalk Sales, Hingham Arts Walk, Christmas in the Square and Holly Jolly Hingham.
- An Executive Director who is the point person for the media, for town Departments such as Public Works, Police, Fire, Hingham Light Plant, BOS, residents and visitors.
- Volunteer board of executive directors committed to promoting the economic development and betterment of our downtown area.
Our Association relies on membership dues for funding in an effort to strengthen your business and the downtown area.